Pastor Daniel & Cynthia Reagan
The establishment of what would ultimately become Stonyford Community Church began with a meeting of The Ladies of Stonyford on March 3rd, 1894. This group met with the intention of organizing a Ladies Union Aid Society and on November 6th, 1894 they held a dinner to begin a fund to be used toward the construction of a church building. John McDaniel gave the property on which the church was built. By September of 1897 it was determine that enough money had been raised to begin construction and the church building was completed in 1898.
While originally known as Stonyford Dunkard Church, in 1917 the church became the Stonyford Federated Church, and in 1931 it became the Union Community Church. In 1947 the church got electricity. The wiring was done by the New Tribes Missionaries, from their Fouts Springs camp. In the 1950s, Harold Pearson was the pastor for approximately eight years. Between 1963 and 1965, Henry Mayberry was pastor. In 1960, the church became known as Stonyford Community Church, based on financial records.
The church celebrated its 70th anniversary in October 1968, with 57 people attending. Larry Shisler officiated at the ceremonies.
In 1971 the old Stonyford Ranger District office was moved from the ranger station to the back of the Community Church, for use as a Sunday school. For many years a small Sunday school group kept the church going, with different pastors over the years.
In 1973, Village Missions was asked to provide pastoral leadership and the church has enjoyed been served by missionary pastors from Village Missions ever since.